Today, your favorite panda complains about pimples on his face. He asks for your advice to get rid of them.
1. Do not touch the pimples
Although it is really tempting, do not touch, scratch or pierce the pimples as this can worsen the inflammation and lead to an infection of the lesions, therefore increasing the probability of a scar. The less you touch your face, the better!
2. Wash your face regularly
Washing your face twice a day (morning and evening) is one of the most efficient ways to reduce acne outbreaks.
Cleaning should be done with mild products suitable for fragile skin, such as soap-free dermatological bread or gel. Apply with your bare hands, without towel to avoid irritating an already fragile skin.
Finally, sweating aggravates acne. Always wash your face after any physical activity, especially if you wore a cap or a hat.
3. Hydrate your face
Now that your face is washed, it must be moistened! Apply a non-greasy special acne moisturizer. The use of make-up is possible, although it is important to select products labelled “non-comedogenic” and to properly remove any make-up at night.
4. Protect your skin from the sun
Exposure to the sun tends to thicken the skin and aggravate acne. Ideally, any exposure should be limited and the use of an appropriate sunscreen is recommended.
5. Choose a treatment
In addition to hygiene measures, a number of products can help treat acne depending on symptoms. Note that each form of acne has its specific treatment!
If acne is predominantly retentional – blackheads and microcysts – 0.1% adapalene or 0.025% tretinoin is recommended.
If acne is mainly inflammatory – pustules, white pimples – 5% benzoyl peroxide should be considered.
Finally, Zinc, an essential trace element, has proven beneficial effects against acne and is available as a dietary supplement. The usual dose is 30mg per day during a 3-month period.
6. Be patient
Acne sometimes responds slowly, and it may take up to 3 months before the effectiveness of a treatment can be assessed. Do not give up and follow the hygiene rules continuously.
If these measures prove insufficient, consult your doctor or dermatologist who will assess with you the suitable treatment.
List of products recommended by DocPanda if your are suffering from acne:
DocPanda selected these products, usually sold in pharmacies, for their effectiveness. In addition, they are quickly deliverable. For even faster delivery, you can sign up for Amazon Prime and be delivered on the day after your order!
1. Bread , 2. Gel, 3. Moisturizer, 4. Sunscreen, 5. Adapalene, 6. Benzoyl peroxyde, 7. Zinc – supplement
Support DocPanda !
DocPanda is proud to offer you some advice and hopes you will find them useful ! Have a look at the other videos, such as 5 Tips for Dealing with Sunburn, Sprain or Herpes Labialis! If you like DocPanda’s advice, help him by subscribing to the newsletter and YouTube.
More information :
- American Academy of Dermatology, Acne, https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/acne-and-rosacea/acne#overview, accédé le 25 avril 2017.
- Agence Française de Sécurité Sanitaire des Produits de Santé, Traitement de l’acné par voie locale et générale. 2007
- Van Onselen J. Acne management and patient support – a nursing concern for all. Br J Nurs. 2010 Jan 14-27;19(1):18-23.
- Dreno B, et al., Multicenter randomized comparative double-blind controlled clinical trial of the safety and efficacy of zinc gluconate versus minocycline hydrochloride in the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgaris. Dermatology. 2001;203(2):135-40.
Important : this article is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult a health professional for any personalized medical advice.